Camarena Health is home to a group of family practice doctors who see patients of all ages to provide a wide variety of services including:
- Sick visits
- Acute care (injuries and infections)
- Physical examinations and health screenings
- Well child exams
- Annual gynecological exams
- Chronic disease management
Family practice physicians deliver general medical care to all patients, including those with chronic medical conditions. Our doctors work closely with nutritionists and health educators to provide enhanced general medical services to healthy patients and those with common medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, elevated cholesterol, and other non-emergency health issues.
Internal medicine doctors at Camarena Health Centers see adult patients 18 years of age or older. Our internal medicine physicians specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of many adult diseases. They also provide patients an understanding of preventative medicine and men’s and women’s health.
Camarena Health Center pediatricians deliver specialized care to more than 8,000 children throughout the Madera and Chowchilla communities. Our pediatric services include well child care, physical exams, immunizations, sports physicals, sick child visits, management and education for children who have chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes.
Camarena Health offers a full spectrum of obstetrics and gynecological services to women in Madera and Chowchilla. Our expectant mothers are referred to Madera Community Hospital and Mercy Medical Center Merced for delivery.
Our comprehensive women’s health and pregnancy care includes:
- Preventive and primary women’s care services
- Health screenings and assessments
- Menopausal services
- Physical exams (well-woman exams)
- Complete prenatal and postnatal pregnancy care
- Family planning services
- Nutrition, psychosocial, health education, and case management for expectant mothers
- Ultrasound exams performed in our offices
Camarena Health Centers also offers the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program that provides a wide range of education and services to pregnant woman, from conception through postpartum.
Camarena Health offers laboratory services to our patients when ordered by one of our providers at a specific location.
Camarena Health offers dental services to meet the diverse needs of our patients and their families. We offer comprehensive preventative and restorative dental care. Our goal is to provide each patient with high quality, affordable dental care in a comfortable, virtually pain-free setting.
Preventative Dentistry Services:
- Oral health assessments (regular exams)
- Hygiene (cleanings)
- Home care instructions
- Fluoride treatment
- Dentures and denture repair
- Periodontal cleanings
- Root canals (non-molar)
Camarena Health’s Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provides a wide range of education services to pregnant women, from conception through postpartum. In addition to standard obstetric services, women receive enhanced services in the areas of nutrition, psychosocial, health education and family planning, creating an individualized care plan designed just for you.
Our goal is to help you experience a healthier pregnancy, as well as a healthier baby by providing early and continuous prenatal care to decrease the incidence of low-birth weight. CPSP helps women utilize the resources available in our community during pregnancy and postpartum period.
- Car seat instruction: Patients will receive education about car seat safety for baby as well as current California laws and regulations.
- AFP Screening (AFP, Triple Screen, Quad Screen and Penta Screen Testing)
- Genetic Screening for Neural Tube Defects and Down Syndrome (optional).
- Nutrition Pregnancy Plan/Intervention: Identify and assess patient’s nutritional needs.
- Psychosocial Education/ Intervention: The goal is to help patients understand and deal effectively with the biological, emotional and social stress of pregnancy.
- Pregnancy, Delivery methods, Post partum, etc.
- Family planning (Family PACT Program)
- Incorporate active learning for specific behavior change, and the practice and mastery of new skills or modification of current habits for optimal health.
This program is designed to alleviate and improve coping with specific behavioral health needs. Our goal is to provide patients with services that help individuals live their life to the fullest.
Services offered include:
- Patient education
- Child & Family Counseling
- Individual & Couples Counseling
- Promotion of Behavior Change
- Learning to cope with newly diagnosed diseases such as diabetes or other chronic diseases.
- Support compliance to medical treatment
- Referrals to appropriate community resources and programs
- Referrals to the appropriate level of mental health and substance abuse programs
Camarena Health’s Behavioral Health & Wellness Program works closely with our medical doctors to provide whole person care to patients with behavioral health conditions.
Our program is focused on teaching, promoting and supporting behaviors that will have a positive impact on a person’s physical and emotional health.
The vision services provided at Camarena Health are designed to provide the highest quality of personalized vision and eye health care for people of all ages (under 3 years of age recommend referral to our pediatric colleagues)
Services offered include:
• Comprehensive vision examinations for adults, children and elderly.
• Diagnosis and management of various eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy.
• Contact lens evaluations for prescription or specialty lenses.
• We accept most insurance plans.
• We have friendly and courteous bilingual staff.
• Eye treatment related to allergies, dry and red eyes.
• Hundreds of eyewear frames available including sunglasses, safety glasses, sports goggles, and a wide variety of designer frames
Insurances Accepted: VSP, Eyemed, Superior Vision, Medi-Cal, Medicaid
Why Eye Exams are important: http://www.allaboutvision.com/eye-exam/importance.htm
Our mission is to provide high quality, cost effective patient-centered healthcare nationwide by partnering with safety net providers to offer a clinically comprehensive on-site 340B pharmacy solution.
Comprehensive On-Site Pharmacy Services:
- Full stock of medications, customized to patients’ needs
- Variety of vitamins, supplements, and herbal medications
- Prescription Mailing with FREE DELIVERY
- Billing to most insurances
- 10 minute average prescription wait time
- Accepts FSA, HAS, Visa, MasterCard, checks, and cash
- Prescription refill by phone (559-479-4580)
Camarena Health offers Insurance Enrollment Specialists who are available at no cost to help you look for health benefits which may be beneficial to you. We are also a Certified Enrollment Entity for Covered CA and are here to help you understand and navigate the Covered CA system.