On February 8, the Camarena Health team gathered for our first-ever Aspire to Inspire Teaching Program Dinner. The dinner and awards ceremony recognized the efforts of our dedicated teaching program faculty, who work tirelessly to teach and inspire the next generation of Central Valley healthcare professionals.
The ceremony included a speech from Camarena Health CMO Dr. Joel Ramirez, recognition of all our 2019 teaching providers, and awards for outstanding providers nominated by past clinical students. Those providers, affiliated with our Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Pharmacy, and Dental Fellowship programs, included:
- Preceptor of the Year: Chirag Patel, FNP
- Excellence in Teaching: Pushkal Jadaun, MD
- Outstanding Behavioral Health Clinician: Lucia Ochoa, LCSW
- Promising New Faculty: Chris Fasulo, PA-C
- Extraordinary Service in Teaching: Jessie Sumner, PA-C
- Camarena Health HEART Award: Janae Barker, DO
Many of the clinical students placed with our providers have chosen to continue serving our communities after graduation, by accepting positions with Camarena Health. We think this says a lot about not just the quality of our teaching programs, but the culture and community that our faculty have built within Camarena Health. So we want to say thank you again to our teaching providers, and encourage them to continue inspiring their students!