On August 1, we celebrated National Health Center Week by hosting a Community Wellness & Resource Fair! The fair consisted of a half day of fun, games, health, learning, and togetherness. Over 20 agencies from the Madera and Fresno areas attended to share info on programs and services that are available to our community. It was a fun event for all!
This year’s event included:
- Food distribution provided by the Madera County Food Bank.
- A blood drive organized by the Central California Blood Center.
- A Kids Activity Zone hosted by our Promotores de Salud volunteer program and medical students from the University of Merced. The Activity Zone included a magic show, backpack distribution, school supplies giveaway, and games.
Our nation’s health centers serve 28 million patients – a number that continues to grow alongside demand for affordable primary care. In addition to their long history as millions of people’s health care homes, health centers produce innovative solutions to their communities’ most pressing health care issues and go beyond the scope of conventional medicine to address the social determinants of health that affect unique patient populations. Each year, we celebrate the work and services that health centers provide to their community.
National Health Center Week is an annual celebration with the goal of raising awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers over the past five decades. We are so thankful to our staff, our board members, and all the agencies that attended the Fair and shared their message with the community! We’d like to extend a special thank you to:
- Banda Kenpo Karate
- CAPMC – Victim Services
- Camarena Health Promotores de Salud Volunteers
- Central California Blood Center
- Central California Food Bank
- El Portal Madera Career Center
- First 5 Madera County
- Housing Authority of the City of Madera
- Insight Vision Center
- Madera Breast Feeding Coalition
- Madera Coalition for Community Justice
- Madera Community Hospital and Family Health Services
- Madera County Behavioral Health
- Madera County Food Bank
- Madera County Library
- Madera County Workforce Assistance Center
- Madera County Workforce Investment Corporation
- Madera Public Health Department
- Milka & Rebecca Herrera
- New York Life Insurance Company
- San Joaquin Valley College
- UCSF Prime Program
- University of Merced