Position: Dental Biller
Responsible To : Medical Records Supervisor
Department: Medical Records
Under the supervision of the Billing Supervisor, the Dental Biller is responsible for revenue generation and controlling patient accounts receivable a significant goal is to initiate develop and maintain internal departmental activities to prevent delinquent accounts performance areas include Private Dental Insurance, HMO, Healthy Families, CMSP and 3rd party patient billing. Accuracy and balancing of reports are critical.
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Responsible for revenue generation and controlling patient accounts receivable in the Dental Department
- Supports and motivates patients to comply with payment expectations
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and all staff
- Collects and records data accurately
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Participates in health center in-services, listening and respecting others’ ideas
- Abides by Rules of Confidentiality
- Demonstrates awareness and compliance of the corporate and organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to promote health care access for all members of the community.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Focus on Billing & Follow-up:
- 1. Bills and follows up with Dental Billings
- 2. Adjusts accounts according to EOB’s and qualifying discounts
- 3. Generates refund requests when appropriate
- 4. Provides feedback to staff involved in the preparation of records and transaction sheets for improvement in accuracy of all such records
- 5. Performs special data collection projects and other assignments
- 6. Performs monthly closing and balancing of accounts receivable reports and submits to Billing Supervisor
- 7. Maintains accurate detail of patients’ accounts.
- 8. Responsible for treatment authorizations for insurance.
- 9. Balances Dentrix system with Healthport
- Focus on Collection:
- 1. Maintains outstanding balances within acceptable limits
- 2. Maintains contact and rapport with patients about their account balances and promises of payment in a positive and courteous manner
- 3. Controls, decreases wherever possible, and maintains the accounts receivable aging while increasing revenues
- 4. Keeps Billing staff and other staff informed as needed
- 5. Provides Billing Supervisor with monthly written reports and tables of the status of the accounts receivable with clear data and demonstration of targets agreed upon and met or not met
- Focus on Teamwork:
- 1. As a team member of Camarena Health respects and protects information regarding patients and other team members and abides by the rules of the Confidentiality Protocol
- 2. Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in private pay billing and data reconciliation
- Minimum two years experience as a receptionist in a dental office setting
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Mathematical accuracy
- Dental terminology and diagnostic indexing
- Revenue billing and collection problem-solving
- Telephone courtesy; customer-service oriented
- Modern office practices and procedures including email
- Intermediate computer skills
- Attention to detail, perseverance, timeliness, and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing backgrounds; team player