Position: Financial Controller
Responsible To :
The Corporate Controller oversees the general ledger, billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and the preparation of federal tax returns and other corporate financial reports. Supervises preparation of monthly financial statements and analyzes reports for management and Finance Committee. Keeps accounting system up-to-date and is in charge of preparing for annual audit. The Corporate Controller is responsible for daily decision-making for the above functions. Prepares grant budgets and assists with corporate budgets.
- Effective control of cash, incorporate timely processing of all payments including payroll
- Maintenance of cash and documents according to stated policies and procedures
- Effective cash forecast that incorporates both trends and contingencies
- Positive relationship with vendors and internal relationships with all staff and departments
- Effectively arranges and controls cash and leads
- Maintenance of sound credit rating
- Arrive and be at your workstation at your scheduled time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES
- Focus on Accounting:
- Supervises the accounting staff, including accounts payable, general ledger functions, and maintaining an appropriate level of accuracy and audit trail.
- Effectively leads purchase department purchases of the corporation.
- Chart of Accounts is maintained current
- Oversees preparation of month and year-end reporting, assuring checks and balances of General Ledger Accounts are maintained according to corporate policies and funding source requirements
- Oversees payroll functions, assuring proper controls, accurate and timely submission of report including, payroll taxes, worker compensation reports and preparation of W-2’s.
- Oversees preparing of annual corporate Federal and State income tax returns and CT-2.
- Responsible for annual audit preparation and RFP
- Oversees preparation of property tax statements.
- Oversees preparation of financial reports for and Finance Committee including analysis of trends and variances.
- Focus on Cash:
- Responsible for effective day-to-day cash management. Authorized to use judgment to pay bills and manage line of credit. Maintains positive credit/credit rating of corporation.
- Prepares weekly Cash Flow report.
- Supervises cash receipts functions assuring appropriate controls.
- Oversees reconciliation of checking and savings accounts, and petty cash; assuring accuracy and appropriate control.
- Supervises reconciliation of our partially self-funded Health Insurance plan and manages amounts transferred to insurance bank accounts.
- Focus on Grants and Grants Receivable:
- Oversees grants process assuring proper control according to corporate policies and funding source requirements review billing, recording and reconciliation of grants and contracts, and preparation of quarterly reports. Responsible for budget preparation (e.g., federal grant). Works with the Grant Analyst to maximize grant revenues and meet the needs of the corporation.
- Assists the COO in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department.
- Responsible for consistent up-to date financial policies and protocols.
- Focus on Corporate Expectations/Standards:
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., team meetings, department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective support.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by Camarena Health Rules of Confidentiality
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years progressive accounting experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- The understanding of cost and fund accounting.
- Accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong in accounting and cash management; which results in consistent audits with no to minimal findings.
- Observant: notices and attends to key details.
- Alertness: detects errors in reports and statistics, and facilitates lasting corrections.
- Well organized; ability to establish and overall order in paper flow.
- Effective team player.
- Effective supervisory skills and systems development and maintenance skills.
- Effective communication skills.