Position: Help Desk Technician I & II (I.T.)
Responsible To : I.T. Manager
The Help Desk Technicians work within the IT Department and under the supervision of the I.T. Manager. This position provides end-user support for all IT hardware and software applications in person or remotely via RDP, phone, or email. Ensure all issues reported by the end-users are resolved properly and timely. Works closely with other IT personnel to resolve end-user problem tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on End User Support
- Identify and analyze HW/SW issues and make proper determination of the problem.
- Apply basic troubleshooting techniques to check for problems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and upgrade on HW and SW.
- Train and assist users on best practices of IT hardware and applications usage.
- Enforce adherence to IT security and HIPAA security policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of hardware, operation systems, applications and networking.
- Maintain current knowledge of IT concepts, practices and procedures.
- Document problem and change tickets. Update and close tickets timely.
- Communicate regular status updates to end users and stake holders.
- Develop a working knowledge of all applications within the Camarena Health organization and provides technical assistance.
- As a team member of Camarena Health, this position will respect and protect information regarding patients and other team members and abide by the rules of the Camarena Health Confidentiality Statement Protocol.
- This position is responsible for various other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. These work-related duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and establishing professional and personal networks.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures help desk tickets are assigned to other IT personnel as needed
- 1-3 years of experience in the IT field or in a related area.
- A+ or other similar certifications
Help Desk II:
- An associate’s degree or its equivalent or technical school and 3-5 years of experience in the IT field or in a related area.
- A+ or other similar certifications
- Familiarity with IT networking technology and terminology
- Experience in a healthcare (service delivery) environment desired
- Familiarity with medical terminology desired
- Help Desk team member
- Strong knowledge of:
- Data processing methods and procedures; computer software systems
- Equipment and software characteristics of various computer systems and a general understanding of system features and their integration capabilities
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot networking and telecommunications equipment, connections, and software
- Proven skills in:
- Effective written skills; solid grasp of English grammar and writing techniques
- Effective oral skills; communicates effectively, listening attentively without interrupting; questions to clarify; conveys technical information in understandable terms
- Interpersonal relationship building
- Telephone and personal courtesy
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Find and implement appropriate solutions to individual and system problems that mesh with current on-site resources
- Relate to all levels of the user community
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Ability to be self-sufficient
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies