Position: System Administrator
Responsible To : IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Please send CV to email@example.com
Under the direction of the IT MANAGER, the System Administrator I is responsible for the installation, secure configuration, repair, and preventative maintenance of systems, storage devices, including Microsoft Server and related products and applications. Provide IT support services required as part of daily responsibilities based on pre-defined SLAs and handle IT projects as required.
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary.
- Participates in health center in-services, listening and respecting others’ ideas
- Ensure that the overall health of the Systems and Server Infrastructure is running efficiently and within industry standards
- Provide 2nd level technical support for other members of the Information Technology team.
- Works closely with and under guidance from System Administrators II.
- Works closely with the IT MANAGER and CIO to ensure all strategic objectives are meet within budget and time frame
- Continuous self-education is required of this position
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES Primary responsible for some of following key Systems related functions as deemed necessary, including backup functions.
- Provides expertise support to 1 or more of the following Key Application(s)
- Ensures key business applications such as Centricity, i2iTracks, Dentrix, SRX Med Management, and related are properly maintained and supported
- Acts as project manager for software / hardware upgrades
- Works with end-users to determine needs and requirements
- Maintains a strong relationship with application vendors
- Create custom reports when necessary
- Ensures proper backup procedures are in place by working with the Enterprise Backup Specialist
- Maintaining the VMWare Instructure
- Ensures the VMWare infrastructure is properly maintained and supported
- Ensures high availability of VMWare through the use of DR technologies
- Keeps abreast of any security or critical patches
- Maintaining the Citrix Instructure
- Ensures the Citrix infrastructure is properly maintained and supported
- Ensures optimal and secure operation and provide high level support of the Citrix environment, including end-user terminals.
- Keeps abreast of any system and security or critical patches
- Microsoft Server(s) General responsibilities:
- Build and maintain Microsoft Servers in virtualization environments.
- Ensures all servers are monitored to ensure proper performance and availability
- Maintains proper patch levels as recommended by Microsoft and specific software vendors
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory (AD) and the proper use of group policies
- Strong knowledge in: Windows Server — Exchange – SharePoint – Skype for Business
- Strong understanding of Remote Desktop Services / Citrix
- SQL Server knowledge desirable
- Recommend, implement, and maintain IT operational solutions including system monitoring, asset and inventory management, patch management, and related functions
- Ensures that all systems are monitored to proactively identify issues
- Maintains communication with Network Engineers to ensure a smooth operating network / server infrastructure
- Utilizes Solarwind Orion Network Monitoring to help prevent unnecessary downtime
- Implement, , and manage Ivanti Landesk to manage asset and inventory, patch management, application distribution, patch management, , and related functions to ensure effective IT operations
- Maintain and customize JIRA Servicedesk, Confluence, change management, and project management functions to meet on-going IT operational requirements.
- Develop expertise / development knowledge of JIRA and Confluence in support of IT operation requirements
- Participate in maintenance and support of the Compellent SAN
- Works to ensure that the Compellent SAN is working in peak efficiency
- Ensures that end-to-end fiber channel communication is operating at peak efficiency
- Replaces defective equipment (Hard Drives) when necessary
- Focus on Corporate Expectations/ Standards:
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., team meetings, department meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective network and user support
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by Camarena Health Rules of Confidentiality
Minimum Requirements: Education/ Experience:
- A degree in Computer Science/Management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Up to 3 years of Microsoft Windows Server / Exchange / SharePoint / Skype for Business / Remote Desktop Services
- VMWare 6.x knowledge required
- Citrix knowledge is preferred
- JIRA Servicedesk knowledge preferred
- Good understanding of Fiber Channel SAN Technologies preferred
- MCSA/MCSE preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Data processing methods and procedures; computer software systems
- Equipment and software characteristics of various computer systems and a general understanding of system features and their integration capabilities
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot networking and telecommunications equipment, connections, and software
- Proven skills in:
- System Administration experience and skills.
- Effective written skills; solid grasp of English grammar and writing techniques
- Effective oral skills; communicates effectively, listening attentively without interrupting; questions to clarify; conveys technical information in understandable terms
- Planning and organization of materials and tools; schedules are consistently maintained and completed on time
- Interpersonal relationship building
- Telephone and personal courtesy
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Successfully perform work functions with minimal supervision.
- Find and implement appropriate solutions to individual and system problems that mesh with current on-site resources
- Relate to all levels of the user community
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Plan, implement, and support systems in a complex healthcare environment
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects; attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies