Position: Front Support Staff ($14.00 an hour)
Responsible To : Front Support Lead
Department: Front Suppot
The Front Support team member is an important member of the service delivery team, providing excellent customer service by greeting patients promptly and personably and facilitating the patient’s access to the point of service delivery, so that all patients can be seen within targeted time and schedule. Prepared to enroll or renew registration; the timeliness of work directly supports responsiveness to patients, including visit redesign and well-paced patient flow. The Front Support Staff manages appointment schedules for service providers, keeping patients and staff informed of the daily schedule. The Front Support Staff collects cash and enters accurate billing documentation. This team member continually updates his/her computer and service knowledge skills in order to function effectively with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Consistently and openly communicates with supervisor and all staff
- Collects and records data accurately
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Participates in health center in-services, listening and respecting others’ ideas
- Abides by Rules of Confidentiality
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Focus on Intake Facilitation:
1.1 Greets patients and directs to appropriate exam room or registration window.
1.2 Educates clients on the services provided by the clinic and the programs
available that offer assistance with the cost for health services
1.3 Assures and/or completes enrollment and verifies all financial coverage’s emphasizing third party enrollment and including any discount programs available through the health center
1.4 Focuses on both general and financial intake of patients; accurately inputs personal and financial data into computer (e.g. family composition, Medi-Cal, financial coverage)
- Performs income eligibility analysis for patients to determine sliding fee eligibility and/or adjustments.
1.5 Obtains signatures necessary for completion of patient registration
- Performs cashier and collection duties in accordance with Camarena policies and procedures; computes fees and collect payment for services;
- Maintains communication with medical support staff regarding status of waiting patients and keeps all waiting patients informed of their status and projected time of service delivery
- Correct registration errors & assist other team members with patients as necessary.
- Maintains distribution of patient surveys concerning clinic services.
- Focus on Scheduling:
- Manages and maintains patient appointments; schedules according to standard for all services and staff as assigned
- Interacts supportably with patients regarding procedures for available service; orients patients to required information needed at time of service for optimum care; provides patients with awareness of general procedure costs
- Coordinates clinician schedules to maximize appointment availability with patients concerning rescheduling reasons and alternatives
- Coordinates assembling and pre-mailing of registration and welcoming packets for new patients
- Acts as back-up to Telephone Receptionist
3.0 Focus on Cashier Duties:
- Maintains and submits organized and balanced daily ledger with corresponding edit sheets to Billing Department on a timely basis
- Collects and submits payments and maintains cash box available for change
- Submits daily patient flow counts to designated staff
- Collects appropriate payment according to standards
4.0 Focus on Teamwork:
- Employees are expected to work as a team, and be flexible to work at our other facilities as needed.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Demonstrates self-initiative & self-motivation to help the team with work flow; good team player. Acquires and maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to work in all service pods.
- All Front Support Team members act as back-up to each other by learning all functions and assisting with reception, scheduling, and cashiering.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally, or in writing
- Focus on Corporate Expectations/Standards:
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by Camarena Health Rules of Confidentiality
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience equivalent to two years in general or medical office procedures
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Keyboarding (20 wpm); software management
- Medical Terminology, and Diagnostic indexing (ICD-9 codes)
- Telephone courtesy; customer-service oriented.
- Well organized, systematic, prompt
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks.
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills.
- Able to track multiple tasks and complete promptly.
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing backgrounds; team player
- Correct grammar and spelling
- 10 Key calculator
- Diagnostic indexing (ICD-9 codes)