Position: Dentist (Madera / Chowchilla)
Responsible To : COO
Department: Dental Back
Madera: 124 S A Street, Madera, CA 93638
Chowchilla: 300 Prosperity Blvd., Chowchilla, CA 93610.
This exempt technical-professional position is responsible for the delivery of quality dental care for patients at Camarena Health. Under the direction of the COO, adheres to the mission, vision, goals and expectations of Camarena Health as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Job Description Hours: Monday Friday 8 AM 6 PM Employed DDS DMD New Graduates Welcome to Apply Average patients seen: 20 22 Call Schedule: No Call Loan Repayment Sign On Bonus Relocation Assistance Available Compensation: Salary Starts at $140K Plus Bonus Incentives | Sign On Bonus and Relocation are Negotiable Benefits: Medical Dental Vision 3 Weeks Automatic Vacation Upon Start Vacation Increases to 4 Weeks After 3 Years of Service 10 PTO Days, 9 Holidays, and 10 Sick Days 403b With 5% Match Loan Repayment Options Available Through the NHSC 5 CME Days Plus $2,100 Allowance Malpractice Insurance Paid License, DEA, and 1 Association Fee Paid Additional Information: Will be joining a stable company (36 years). Open to BE or BC candidates. No weekends or call, allow for a much sought after work life balance. EMR: GE Centricity Extremely affordable housing compared to other large cities in CA.
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Assists in the development and management of the Camarena Health dental program.
- Primary focus is direct patient care.
- Participate in the selection of and supervision of support staff within the dental program.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES
- Focus on Direct Patient Care:
- Prepares, provides and implements directed patient treatment plans in the Dental Department.
- Responsible for the following Camarena Health Dental protocols and observance of health and safety regulations.
- Participates in the supervision of support staff while performing dental services.
- May provide input regarding the selection of dental staffing.
- Responsible for initiating and reviewing patient referrals.
- Assists the Chief Dental Officer or Chief Operations Officer in the planning and implementation of new dental programs.
- Participates in on-call schedules.
- Will provide phone triage on rotational basis approximately once every 3-5 months on weekends or during evening hours.
- Medical Records
- Record/dictate, in timely fashion, notes for each patient visit using SOAP format.
- Will follow Medical Records guidelines for chart maintenance.
- Provide accurate date on encounter form. Read and sign off on all medical records, lab results, and other patient data, prior to being filed in patient chart.
- Focus on Corporate Expectations/Standards:
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., team meetings, department meetings, program meetings, case management meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective support.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by Camarena Health Rules of Confidentiality.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school.
- Current and active dental license to practice in California.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
- Effective oral and written skills.
- General medical/dental terminology and standard abbreviations used in medical/dental notations.
- Telephone courtesy; customer-service oriented.
- Modern office practices and procedures including email.
- Intermediate to expert user computer skills.
- Highly organized.
- History and proven record of effective program/project management.
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks.
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills.
- Able to track multiple tasks and complete promptly.
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing backgrounds; team player.