Position: Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – Urgent Care
Responsible To : CMO
The Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant has clinical responsibilities. These include preventative and therapeutic measures for patient health care, which includes referrals for more definitive care. The Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant reports to Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Participates in health center in-services, listening and respecting others’ ideas
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health Care Services:
- 1. Chart documentation according to clinic standards using SOAP charting, specific forms documentation, referrals and ordering specific tests. Documentation of acute and chronic problems with medication.
- 2. Follow-up on specific disease categories and no show evaluations.
- 3. Review laboratory, x-ray and referral documents prior to filing.
- 4. Health Education coordination for patient follow-up for specific health education issues.
- 5. Refer to approved medical protocols and/or guidelines for treatment.
- 6. Participates in on-call schedules.
- 7. Will provide phone triage on rotational basis approximately once every 3-5 months on weekends or during evening hours.
- Medical Records:
- 1. Record/dictate, in timely fashion, notes for each patient visit using SOAP format.
- 2. Will follow Medical Records guidelines for chart maintenance.
- 3. Provide accurate date on encounter form. Read and sign off on all medical records, lab results, and other patient data, prior to being filed in patient chart.
- Consultation and Referrals:
- 4. Consultations with Medical Director for problems beyond standardized procedures. Consult physicians as needed.
- 5. Consultation with Medical Director for referrals.
- 6. Referrals to other providers as indicated with Health Education referrals as indicated per protocols.
- Teamwork Expectations:
- 1. Participate in clinician peer review process.
- 2. Participate in CQI: Quality Improvement Meetings and discussions as requested.
- 3. Interact with and maintain referral resources.
- 4. Will refer to support services (when appropriate) for counseling and education.
- 5. Is responsible for providing in-put to Chief Medical Officer for resource development, staff, facility, equipment, supplies, etc.
- 6. Meeting attendance at monthly General Staff Meeting and Monthly Departmental Clinician Meeting.
- 7. Efficient productivity levels according to health center standards.
- 8. Participates in daily huddles with care team, consisting of Medical Assistant, Front Support staff member and Clinician. In conjunction with daily huddles, schedules and pre-visit planning are discussed to provide individual patient care.
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Valid California Nurse Practitioner License
- Must maintain current CPR/BLS certification
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred
- Interest in and willingness to promote individual acute, chronic and preventable care programs and concepts.
- Ability to establish a genuine positive interaction with patients and staff
- Agrees with and upholds the mission of the health center with patients and staff