Position: FNP (Oakhurst / Coarsegold)
Responsible To : CMO
The Family Nurse Practitioner has clinical responsibilities. These include preventative and therapeutic measures for patient health care, which includes referrals for more definitive care. The Family Nurse Practitioner reports to Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary
- Participates in health center in-services, listening and respecting others’ ideas
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health Care Services:
- 1. Chart documentation according to clinic standards using SOAP charting, specific forms documentation, referrals and ordering specific tests. Documentation of acute and chronic problems with medication.
- 2. Follow-up on specific disease categories and no show evaluations.
- 3. Review laboratory, x-ray and referral documents prior to filing.
- 4. Health Education coordination for patient follow-up for specific health education issues.
- 5. Refer to approved medical protocols and/or guidelines for treatment.
- 6. Participates in on-call schedules.
- 7. Will provide phone triage on rotational basis approximately once every 3-5 months on weekends or during evening hours.
- Medical Records:
- 1. Record/dictate, in timely fashion, notes for each patient visit using SOAP format.
- 2. Will follow Medical Records guidelines for chart maintenance.
- 3. Provide accurate date on encounter form. Read and sign off on all medical records, lab results, and other patient data, prior to being filed in patient chart.
- Consultation and Referrals:
- 4. Consultations with Medical Director for problems beyond standardized procedures. Consult physicians as needed.
- 5. Consultation with Medical Director for referrals.
- 6. Referrals to other providers as indicated with Health Education referrals as indicated per protocols.
- Teamwork Expectations:
- 1. Participate in clinician peer review process.
- 2. Participate in CQI: Quality Improvement Meetings and discussions as requested.
- 3. Interact with and maintain referral resources.
- 4. Will refer to support services (when appropriate) for counseling and education.
- 5. Is responsible for providing in-put to Chief Medical Officer for resource development, staff, facility, equipment, supplies, etc.
- 6. Meeting attendance at monthly General Staff Meeting and Monthly Departmental Clinician Meeting.
- 7. Efficient productivity levels according to health center standards.
- 8. Participates in daily huddles with care team, consisting of Medical Assistant, Front Support staff member and Clinician. In conjunction with daily huddles, schedules and pre-visit planning are discussed to provide individual patient care.
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Valid California Nurse Practitioner License
- Must maintain current CPR/BLS certification
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred
- Interest in and willingness to promote individual acute, chronic and preventable care programs and concepts.
- Ability to establish a genuine positive interaction with patients and staff
- Agrees with and upholds the mission of the health center with patients and staff