Position: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Responsible To : Behavioral Health Manager
Department: Behavioral Health
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). The LCSW will provide behavioral health services to individuals and in-group settings, on a wide range of topics to include but not limited to psychosocial assessment, individual therapy, group therapy, short-term, evidence-based counseling, and crisis intervention. The LCSW will support the expansion and enhancement of our Behavioral Health Program; and will function within a team environment that includes ongoing assessment, identification and implementation, of varied Mental Health needs of the patients of Camarena Health. Additionally, the LCSW provides in-service trainings to Camarena staff and works closely with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to provide administrative support. This non-exempt position requires someone who can work flexible hours and is team oriented.
- Arrives on time and adheres to set schedule.
- Effectively manages patients by ensuring that they receive appropriate mental health education and support by setting appointment and/or connecting patient with health center resources.
- Effective and sensitive in addressing patients’ needs in telephone or face to face.
- Collects and records data accurately.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and all staff, acting as a liaison between medical staff and patients.
- Use of professionalism and best efforts in your position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES
1.0 Focus on Behavioral Health of Camarena Patients:
- 1. Provide direct care to Camarena patients with behavioral health problems or social service needs.
- 2. Focuses on patient support by actively listening to patient issues and requests, recording pertinent information accurately and remains responsive at all times to the needs of patients, clinicians, and other team members.
- 3. Monitoring and documentation of patient compliance with behavioral health education plan/problem list, with appropriate follow-up and documentation of missed appointments.
- 4. Provides mental health screenings and initial assessments to patients.
- 5. Coordinate in collaboration with the primary care providers to improve health outcomes.
- 6. Verbal and written communication to appropriate medical providers regarding evidence of identified high-risk medical or behavioral health issues.
- 7. Maintains accurate and timely records of activities, case management notes, and services provided to each client.
- 8. Provides clinical therapeutic services; including individual therapy and coordination of treatment for participants with co-occurring disorders.
- 9. Provides clinical support as a Health Coach to encourage each patient, as determined by the care team, to establish a care plan, which identifies self-management goals, address barriers, provides educational needs concerning self-care disease management.
- 10. Utilizes Behavioral Health Guidelines during each session.
- 11. Conducts, and/or assists in individual and group education sessions for various preventive and health maintenance topics, utilizing established lesson plans, policies, and procedures.
- 12. Works to meet patient needs effectively to resolve individual barriers through follow-up, advocacy and collaboration with Camarena staff and other community service providers.
- 13. Assists with program development through creation and revision of departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
- 14. Facilitate referrals to other services (e.g. substance abuse treatment, specialty care and community resources) as needed.
- 15. Utilizes computer to access and obtain labs, appointments, patient information, medication, and clinical notes when necessary.
- 16. Other duties as assigned by Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Focus on Corporate Expectations/Standards:
- Maintains cleanliness and order of work area, equipment and supplies.
Promotes mutual respect and allows others to get their work done by limiting non- work-related interruptions.
- Functions as part of Camarena Health quality improvement group by actively ensuring that the quality of information collected is correct and matches the requests of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., team meetings, department meetings, program meetings, case management meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective support.
- Supports the overall work of the health center by working flexible or extended hours where necessary to ensure consistent patient access and quality of service.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Camarena Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by Camarena Health Rules of Confidentiality.
- Supports the overall needs of the health center by working flexible or extended hours when necessary.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification of Marriage, Family, Child counseling a plus.
- Current LCSW license in the State of California
- One to three years of experience in medical social work or community mental healthcare setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Effective oral and written skills;
- Understanding of basic patient chart procedures and medical record systems;
- Intermediate to expert computer user experience;
- Telephone courtesy; customer-service oriented;
- Modern office practices and procedures including email;
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks:
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills;
- Able to track multiple tasks and complete promptly and accurately;
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing backgrounds; team player.